Never Waste Time

Never Waste Time

Thursday, April 7, 2016

#16 - "I Love to See the Temple"

This semester as well as last semester I made a goal to go to the temple every single week. Whether I went with friends or had to make the trek up to the Provo temple by myself, I saw a real change in my life both spiritually and temporally. Every time that I went to the temple there was a feeling of love and peace that could not be felt anywhere else; especially on campus where life seemed so hectic all the time.

In terms of the spiritual growth that I have seen within myself this year at BYU through my weekly temple attendance, I have seen a growth in my love for my Savior, Jesus Christ. While in the temple as I mentioned beforehand I have felt peace there that I have not felt anywhere else. This sense of peace has allowed me to realize that when times were tough this semester that I was not the one pulling the weight; I was not alone. I was, in fact, being carried by Christ who took me the distance when I did not think that it was possible. This applies to one of my favorite scriptures that is often quoted by athletes. It is Philippians 4:13 and it says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”


Even though time was often tight, when I made the effort to go to the temple each week, I was somehow able to finish everything that I needed to. I have found this to be true on many occasions throughout the last year. In fact, so many that I lost count. I do not know how this happened or that I was deserving of such a blessing, but I do know that I would not be as successful in school right now if it were not for regular temple attendance. This opportunity of having a temple so close while in college has changed my life and perspective on so many things.

Typical Friday temple trip to the Mount Timpanogos Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment