Never Waste Time

Never Waste Time

Thursday, April 7, 2016

#9 - What Do You Glory In?




One of my favorite passages in the Book of Mormon is Alma 29:9. I feel that this has some real application to me as I soon will be a missionary. It says, “I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.” 

Honestly, this has to be one of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon. It plainly describes what a missionary’s attitude should be. They should be humble, unselfish, focused on the Lord, and following His guidance for them. As we do, or in Alma’s words “glory in these things,” Alma states that we can become instruments in the hands of God. I feel that the best missionaries that I come into contact with definitely fit this description. They are humble, unselfish, focused on the Lord, and following His guidance for them. They in turn become instruments in the Lord’s hands and bring to pass much righteousness in bringing souls unto repentance. 

It is my hope that as I go out into the mission field that I will be able to best help the Indonesian people. I know that as I stay humble and focus on the promptings of the spirit I will be able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and find those people that have been prepared to hear the gospel. I know that my call was inspired of God and that I am going to serve the people of Indonesia for a reason that I do not yet know, but I know that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment