Never Waste Time

Never Waste Time

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

#3 Tobacco Road Showdown

About a month ago I had the amazing opportunity to fly across the country to go home to North Carolina for the Duke versus North Carolina University (UNC) basketball game. I cannot say in words how excited I was for this game and the opportunity to see my family. This would have been the last opportunity for two years that I would be able to go to a Duke basketball game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. I am not trying to be biased, but Cameron is the best atmosphere in college basketball, especially when they play UNC. It is a storied rivalry and also arguably the best in all of college basketball and maybe sports in general. I have not lived there my whole life, but the majority of my years were spent watching Duke basketball. I did not think that Duke would win but I was really hoping that they would because that would mean that we would sweep the season series against UNC. 

The game started out rough for Duke but they seemed to claw their way back into the game to the point that it felt like my eardrums had burst because of the noise level within the stadium. It came down to the wire and it looked like Duke would have a chance, but they fell a little short. It was nice to see my favorite player, Grayson Allen, have a fantastic game and maybe play at Duke one last time. I am sure that there were fires on Fayetteville Street near UNC’s campus in celebration of the win. I will not lie, I was a little disappointed in the fact that Duke lost the game, but one last experience was definitely worth the flight home that did not even last 48 hours on the ground in North Carolina. 

Another positive to this short trip was the opportunity to see my family since I will be leaving in 38 days for a mission to Jakarta, Indonesia. Sometimes the best things in life are those that are short and sweet. I think that is an accurate statement in describing this trip.


Real college camping! Krzyzewskiville prior to the Duke and UNC basketball game.

A view from inside Cameron Indoor Stadium prior to the 2nd half.

No comments:

Post a Comment