Never Waste Time

Never Waste Time

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

#5 - Called to Serve



At the beginning of January after waiting for 19+ years, I finally received my mission call to serve a two-year mission in Jakarta, Indonesia, speaking Indonesian for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Honestly, it was an amazing opportunity and step forward in my life. I was a little surprised that I was not emotional, but I was, however, surprised at where I had been called to. 

Going back and looking at all the places that people had guessed as to where I would serve, it was interesting to see where everyone thought that I was going. I also found it interesting that one person actually guessed the place that I was going, my aunt. I guess you could say that it was divine revelation. 

Leading up to the event I was really wanting to know where I was going to be called to, so I was looking at all the possible places that I could possibly go. I also happened to peak at a few of the maps of the boundaries of some missions. Looking back on this experience I realize now that all of the maps that I happened to glance over were the missions that surrounded the Indonesia, Jakarta mission. I do not know whether this was some type of coincidence or not, but I thought that it was a pretty cool experience. 

Overall, I am ecstatic to serve the people of Indonesia and have already developed a love for them that cannot be explained in words. From what I have heard, they seem like very humble and kind people that live in impoverished circumstances. Every day that passes a new energy and excitement seems to overtake me to a new level. It is crazy the consuming nature that surrounds a mission. It is almost like an addiction but a good kind of one. I love my Savior, my family, and the people waiting for me in Indonesia and cannot wait to make all of them proud.


Will be serving just Northwest of Australia in the South Pacific.
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment