This general conference I was amazed at the amount of talks
that were about fathers, obedience, and families. One of my favorite talks from
conference was President Monson’s about choices in the Sunday morning session.
One of President Monson’s famous one-liners is, “Decisions determine destiny.” I feel that in the future that President Monson sees that times are only going to get tougher. There has been countless talks in the past on faith, choices, and the need for a strong testimony. President Monson does not stray from this path. President Monson also continues to talk about choosing the right even though it may be harder than choosing the wrong. There are many blessings in choosing the right and I think that President Monson realizes this.
One of President Monson’s famous one-liners is, “Decisions determine destiny.” I feel that in the future that President Monson sees that times are only going to get tougher. There has been countless talks in the past on faith, choices, and the need for a strong testimony. President Monson does not stray from this path. President Monson also continues to talk about choosing the right even though it may be harder than choosing the wrong. There are many blessings in choosing the right and I think that President Monson realizes this.
As time
goes on, the world will be moving farther and farther from the truth. We must
be courageous enough to choose the right, although it may be hard. Although the
prophet only addressed us for a short time, due to health issues, he was quite
profound in his comments this conference strengthening his ethos through the authority he has as a prophet of God. People in this world now days do not
think before they act. They believe that they can do whatever they would like
and everything will work out later without any consequences. This is not an
intelligent thought process. For example, if you go and kill someone then you
are bound to end up in jail at some point. There are rules and we must live
within those rules.
As President Monson said, it may not be an easy thing, but
it is well worth the effort later on. I want to live with my family forever,
however, the choices that I make play an important part in whether I accomplish
that goal or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment