As I conclude this semester and my opportunity to learn in Writing 150,
I would like to reflect back on the growing and learning that took place in
this class. It was great to learn from Sister Steadman and I really enjoyed how
she wove family stories and family history into the class. This really helped
me see the hand of God in my life. At the beginning of the semester I was
signed up for too many religion classes because I was unsure of which ones I
actually wanted to take. One of those extra religion classes that I signed up for
was a family history class. After attending one class session, I had an
impression that I should not take that class but should take the Living
Prophets class instead. I am so glad that I listened to this prompting as I
have been extremely blessed to also look at family history as a part of
increasing my ability to write in Writing 150.
Another thing that I have been blessed by this semester is the
opportunity to continuously write. Honestly, I have not been a huge fan of
writing in the past because I have not been a very strong writer. In the
future, however, I will feel a lot more comfortable in my ability to write. By
constantly writing throughout this semester I have been able to learn what my
strengths and weaknesses are and in turn fix those weaknesses. I feel that if I
had only been able to push myself to write more in the past that I would have
been able to strengthen some of my weaknesses even sooner.
Overall, this life is short compared to the eternities and we must live
it to the fullest. As I close out I would like to leave the world with one last
contemplation of life. That is, never lose sight of who you are, never forget
your divine heritage, and never waste a moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment